Now that you have chosen the audience your ad will target, let's tackle the next step: creating your ad. For the sake of this guide, we will assume this is a "Traffic" campaign. We'll go through all of the parts of this page, from choosing a creative to go in your ad, to choosing your ad format and other details needed to prepare your campaign.
Your page will look like this:
Let's focus first on the top of the screen:
From the left of the bar, we have three buttons:
- The first one lets you navigate between each step of the campaign creation (Objective, Audiences, Creatives and Settings).
- The second one enables you to preview your post in different placements. Selecting another placement will reload the preview, and show you what it will look like!
- The third button give you the option to search for an existing post by its URL. You can also filter them by Instagram eligibility and whether or not it is published, or filter posts that have already been published or not!
On the right of the bar, you can see an option that lingers all throughout the flow - Drafts. Feel free to save a draft if you're in a rush, or if you just want to start working on a campaign. You can load it afterwards in a second!
Let's look at the bulk of the page now:
On the left:
- At the very top, you'll see a few Icons: those are the Ad Formats you can use for your campaign.
- The Message is going to be the text displayed on top of the image you chose for your ad.
- The Link is the target for your ad, where you want the users to end up.
- In Call to Action, you will will get a selection of options for your CTA button at the bottom of your ad.
- The Headline will usually fill itself based on the link you're choosing.
- The Link Description should also fill itself, in the same way your Headline did. That doesn't mean you can't change it yourself ;)
- The Caption is the way your link is going to appear for the user. In the example here, the link is http://makemereach.com/product , but it will appear as makemereach.com.
On the right, you will get a preview of the post you're building.
This is for the Link Ads format only, but you can use Carousels, Collection Ads, Playable Ads, and more formats on MakeMeReach!
Below this part you'll find the existing posts for the page you are managing:
Hovering over a post will give you the option to select it for your campaign (the big + at the top), view the post on Facebook by clicking on the Icon under, but you can also duplicate the post or delete it with the last two icons.
Once you're done, you can move on to the last part: the Settings!